Tuesday 19 May 2009

Milk & Cookies...

Not working at the moment gives me the opportunity to indulge in lots of different things but also to enjoy resting in the times between all of the doing. I seem to have loads more energy - both physical and mental - the latter which, for those that know me, is always looking for an outlet in reading, crosswords, puzzles etc but I am also sleeping more soundly each night than I have for a long time.

There are times when being surrounded by busy working people makes me feel a little lazy (old habits die hard!) but it does make me wonder whether we all wouldn't be better off with a little less of the doing and a bit more of the in-between resting.

I have a desk calendar that has a 'thought' for each day and here is today's:

"Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap." Barbara Jordan

Would this give us a small space to regroup, re-energise and re-focus - to rest between the 'doings' of life?

Imagine how quiet it would be...


Resting...near Ullswater, Lake District, August 2007

No comments: