Saturday 17 July 2010

15 Sleeps To Go...It's all About Me...

In a burst of nostalgia this morning, I have been trawling through some old photos (some pre-digital and painstakingly scanned to capture their posterity forever)...and found some rather cracking pics that I didn't know about.  (How do mothers do that?  Do they sneak around with camera in hand ready to catch every moment?....I can hear mother's reading this everywhere shouting a resounding "YES!" right now)

Given the looming of The Big Birthday - Plus 1 in 15 sleeps (yes, only 15 peeps!), I thought I'd share some of the most defining of these pictorial moments with you.  Yes these pictures of my formative years go a long way towards explaining the following:

1. My fixation with line-dried washing (it just smells and feels so good!)...

2.  My passion for bears (Mum has A LOT to answer for here!)...

3. My obsession with food...

4.  My need to help (for those that don't know, this is me helping Opa roll the gravel driveway...and is one of my fave pics of the two of us)...

and 5. My love of birthdays!

Oh and did I mention there were only 15 sleeps until my birthday...that's more cake and candles for me...Wheeee!

ps...speaking of birthdays, my itinerant old man (his words, not mine!) and erstwhile wifely companion, Bev, win this year's Birthday Derby with their card arriving last Wednesday 14th July...that's pretty impressive planning guys...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mine is on the way chicky............. pics are grreat.... xox