Monday 30 May 2011

A Guilty Secret...

I have a confession to make.

(Yes another one - you get real value on this blog!)

After many years of living here in the UK, the thing I love to dip back into most, particularly on a damp Bank Holiday afternoon like this one is an episode of Neighbours.

I mean, what's not to like about that laid-back never-rainy life in a cul-de-sac? (Which technically should not be called a Street but rather, a Court - actually it is a Court in real life, Pin Oak Court to be exact.)  It really signals a day off for me - whether it be on holidays or with a sick note in hand, to be best enjoyed from my super comfy vantage point under the green blanket on the couch in between other bastions of daytime telly, Loose Women and 60 Minute Makeover.

So today's late afternoon downpour had me rescuing the half-dry laundry and settling down to some cosy couch-based entertainment.  Bliss!

What will I do for the rest of my week off?

2 comments:

Linda A. said...

Oh I do love a confession. Now I have one. Dare I say it? I don't know this show!

Unknown said...

It's an Australian institution Linda - an early evening soap filmed in Melbourne suburbia - here's a little background from wikipedia for you...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neighbours

and if you fancy a dip into some episodes:

http://neighbours.com.au/episodes.htm

The Brits love it so much that, if you ever move to the UK, it may form part of The Life In The UK test for citizenship!