Sunday 4 December 2011

Bet You Thought I Forgot...

It's been a busy time here at Gidday HQ and with the end of the year fast approaching, there has been a notable absence of a tradition that has no doubt left long-time Gidday-ers breathing a sigh of relief wondering what has happened.

But fear not.

As I walked through London mid November, the lights were up in Regent and Oxford Streets.


Last weekend I braved London's Southbank Market to do a little inspired present shopping.


Mum's annual cross-the-miles Advent Calendar arrived last week in plenty of time.


This year's theme is The Nutcracker and instead of chocolates or gifts, each window contains a little booklet which tells a part of the story.


Today, the Gidday tree went up and got all adorned with the trinkets from my travels (note to self: if one wants to travel next year and collect more bright, shiny objects, buy a bigger tree)...


...and the Christmas paper has been unearthed from its new home following last week's frenzy of post-Freecycle nesting.

So my festive spirit has risen from the dust and left-over packing boxes to announce

there are just 20 sleeps to go until Christmas!


I'll bet you thought I forgot.

No comments: