Saturday 31 December 2011

Moments of Joy...

It's that time of year when the world looks back, wonders at what it didn't achieve and makes a promise for the year to come.

Source: pinterest

I'm not really one for New Year, resolutions and all that. It seems pointless to me to wait for one day in the year to reflect and make plans.

But each year, while I don't make a list, I can't help but look back at where I've been, the unexpected paths taken, the unexpected moments of joy and sadness, and wonder where I might be this time next year.

It reminds me of the words from my favourite poem by Robert Frost:

So both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.
From The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Life has a funny way of showing you the path sometimes so this year there will be no plans, no resolutions for me.

Just a continuing hope to inspire, be generous, find peace and savour moments of joy wherever the road may take me.

Source: pinterest
Wishing you a 2012 filled with a million tiny moments of joy.

No comments: