Thursday 28 February 2013

Under The Bonnet...

I've noticed a bit of a boost in the number of you popping in to Gidday From The UK recently. January's witterings prompted an all time high of 6,241 page views and some time over the last couple of months I passed the 50,000 views milestone. 


So I've taken it upon myself to have a little rummage around under the bonnet here at Gidday to see what the deal is. Here's what I found.


For a long time, coffee held a seemingly unassailable lead at Gidday with my post on the art of latte in July 2010 in first place. But it would appear that while I wasn't looking, a fair few of you became enamoured of my first time as a guest blogger in February 2011 (yes, two years ago - I can still remember the excitement) and it now holds the top spot. My observations on mid-life, duly recorded in September last year, have also shimmied up the ranks to a respectable third, pushing both Christmas and Australian fashion down the ladder.


Indications from views of the Gidday! (512) and Book Nook (490) tabs also suggest that there are many new visitors to Gidday curious to meet the (t)wit behind the (t)wittering and a multitude of bookish types who like to keep abreast of Audrey's latest Commuting Gems.

Unsurprisingly the most frequent searches leading to visits are latte/latte art (over 1200!) but strangely enough the number 42 ranks next, leading neophyte Giddayers to a little birthday poetry. (If you like a rhyme or two you might like to catch my crime series in two parts - yes that's one, two.)

Gidday would not be where it is today without my lovely fellow bloggers who are generous in both visiting and featuring Gidday From The UK on their blogrolls. Many thanks to those of you who do this - a special nod goes to fellow Aussie The Vegemite Wife who, in the face of many advertised and agreggated expat blogs, is the the number 5 provider of visits to Gidday. Thanks mate!

And finally I had a squiz at where my 'readership' has hailed from. Sites like Seen The Elephant and The Displaced Nation have lifted Gidday's profile in the USA (and since Seattle-A moved stateside, she maybe doing her bit as well). And being a blog about an Australian living in the UK, you'd expect the 2nd and 3rd places to be held by the UK and Australia (respectively). But who do you think has crept into 4th place?


Who knew that Ruskies liked a little irreverent Aussie banter in their digital mashup.

Oh those Russians!

2 comments:

Jack Scott said...

Congratulations on your rise and rise. It's always nice to know that people are willing to read the inane drivel we (well, I) write!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jack and here's to eternal inanity! (Try saying that when you've had 1 or 2)