Saturday 15 June 2013

Seattle Sojourn...

Early in June on a hot sunny morn,
while Double-A and the little dudes (recently born)
had a date with the Doc
 map in my pocket and camera in hand,
eyes peeled for the quirky, the charming, the grand,
I ventured downtown to take stock.

And here's what I found.
 
I found a Goliath who raises his arm
And brings it back down in a smooth arc of calm...
 
 
...while lightning strikes right by the bay.


A pioneer totem amid leaves green and fair
Stands strong, proud and tall in a cool shady square...
 

...while all the signs invite sweet surrender.



On this corner's the site where the logs came to rest
And the wood turned to dust at the sawmill's behest...


...while nearby beans are ground underfoot.


I popped out the back and turned away from the Sound.
An alternative side of an icon I found...


...yet cross-town, underground
this buried old boozer's run dry...

 
...while this ceiling adds colour 35 stories high.


So with sightseeing done and the bus due anon
I wandered back up to the place I'd begun
My nose and cheeks pink from the warm Summer sun...
 
...my first sojourn done.

No comments: